Thursday, March 3, 2016

Happy National Anthem day!!!   I have heard this song so many times.  Many times it brings me to tears, especially when reminded just how blessed I am to call the USA my home.  I have heard the song butchered when the singer did not know the words.   I have seen the singer get so emotional that someone else came up and sang with them.  I have seen children sing it and adults.  I have seen it performed by a large choir and a barbershop quartet.  I have heard it sung as the traditional hymn we know, and some have changed the tune.  I have heard it with some very high and long notes.   I have heard it with a very low and long note.  Some of the singers have been famous and for some of the singers that one song may have been there 15 minutes of fame.  I am not sure when or where i heard my favorite, or even who sang it the best.  I just know that this song touches me deep in my soul and I probably cry at every baseball game when "the Land of the Freeeeeeee, And the Home of the Braaaaaaave is sung!!!!  God Bless America!!!  Which is your favorite National Anthem ever sung?

No comments:

Post a Comment