Thursday, October 27, 2016

Big Rock Creek "Dog Day Afternoon"

Throw Back Thursday!!  This week it's Big Rock Creek with our fur babies.  Toto and Dippy get so excited when we all hop in the car. Like they know it is a trip that will be further than the drive thru dairy.  Their smiles do show how excited they are. 
*****


For this 12x12 double page layout I was so excited to use the rock  themed paper I had gotten from Tuesday Morning a few years ago. 



*****

The papers used to back the pictures came from my stash and I punched the small matching flowers from the paper that was left over after backing the pictures.  I centered the tiny blue flowers of the paper in the window of punch to get the variegated flowers. 





*****


The pine greenery is cut with the Tim Holtz Christmas greenery dies, also from left over paper scraps.



*****



The phrase stickers are from a Tim Holtz phrase pad small talk. 


*****



I was excited to use project Life cards from the Rain collection for my journaling and title cards.  



*****



To make the picture of me become the focal point I matted it with both papers making it stand out from the page and the layout.  (There are not many pictures of just me in our books unless I took a Selfie).  



The page style for the left page shown above, I call one+two punch.  It makes a great left side page for 3 portrait style photos.  This style can easily be reversed for a right side page as well.  Any one of the three pictures can be chosen as the focal point of the layout.  




The page style for the right page shown here, I call the 4by4x6 pinwheel Using 2 4x6 portrait and 2 4x6 landscape photos to form a pinwheel formation.  Each photo is matted to accent the photo then matted onto blue cardstock then onto the rock paper...   Photos will need a little cropping for it to fit just right with the matting. 

I added the title Big Rock Creek with alpha stickers from my stash to a project life card from the Rain Collection and also journaling on a matching project life card to finish this layout...   

This was a great day for the creek and they both loved it and enjoyed in the way that they love best.  

I hope you enjoyed these pages and if you would like to see more please subscribe...   Im new to this blogging thing but I am excited and I have big plans to share lots of great scrapbooking and celebration Ideas right here on this blog...   Im working on getting my videos to not be upside down so I can post the too...   So watch for those coming soon too...   Thank you for stopping by!!!  

Enjoy!!!
julie
Ceating a life that i love, so glad you are in it!!



Special~
Tip of the day!!!


Choosing your focal point!!!  
When you are looking at the photos you are planning to use is there one just stands out.  It may be the one that tells the whole story.  It may be the one that is the most vibrant and clear.  It just may be your favorite and you don't know why...   By making this photo special and having it stand out you will be able to make sure that anyone looking at your layout sees it as the focal point...   

How do you make it stand out?
Matting the photo that is to stand out is the easiest way to make it stand out from the rest...   Having arrows point to it...  Framing it...  Embellishments around it all will get your point across...  Look here this is the most important picture...   Have the focal point in color and other photos black and white or the opposite have it black and white and the others color...  Make the focal point photo Larger than the other photos...   Have the main photo stand alone from the other photos...   

All of these when used properly will make your photo stand out...  It does take practice and some of these ideas will work better with certain photos and layouts then others...   

I will be explaining my focal point or main photo in my future posts to give you an idea how I choose my main photo and how I chose to make it stand out from the others...




No comments:

Post a Comment