Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My Bells Palsy journey, Day 2

Good morning world!!  Tuesday, 4am and I look in the mirror and smile a big ole "crooked" smile.  Yep, it did not go away.  It was not just a bad dream.  I was hoping that all symptoms would be gone when I woke up.  Yes I think I was hoping to be that overnight miracle.   So reality began to set in.  I took my new pills, sent Tom off to work and went back to bed.  I slept better than I had in a week.  My earache though still there was tolerable.  I was feeling a little groggy, probably from the meds. 

So this morning is the second day after the facial paralysis happened.  I have to eat a snack before I can take my pills and that is fun, trying to chew, keep my mouth closed is going to be a learning experience.  It is probably not pretty.  My right eye is still wide open and is now taking turns between being so wet that it makes my vision blurry to being so dry.  Time to take my meds and that is fun as water trickles down the side of my mouth.   It is harder to negotiate than it was yesterday, but I am still slurping, ugggg.   Maybe try a straw later.  

I call my mom to give her an update.  I texted with a couple of friends.  I checked out facebook.  I'm working on an ebook I am writing but I can not concentrate on any thing long.  Today I discover my attention span is shot.  And when I need to switch what I'm doing I just have to change what I'm doing.   So that is very frustrating.  Oh and noises are bothering me.   Through out the day my eye has twitching sessions, and it is weird because the tears that have welled up move around like little swishing waves, oh but when the eyebrow decides to twitch that is an experience.  Lunch is not fun things still taste strange.  I have to concentrate to keep the food in my mouth and take much smaller bites.   Still haven't mastered drinking either and find that it is hard to drink hot coffee out of a mug, the thickness of the rim makes it hard and coffee dribbles down the edge of the cup when I have taken a sip.   That is frustrating.  I'm a mess lol...


So at the end of day 2, all the symptoms are still here.   It is real.  There are things I will be relearning.  I know that I really don't want to go out in public, especially where it is an eating thing.  I know that I'm very close to a big cry but it hasn't happened yet!!

I am still so grateful that it is only this Bells Palsy.   I am grateful that it is just my face that has paralysis.   I am beyond grateful that I have Tom as my husband, life partner and at this time my nurse... I am grateful for my friends that are praying for me...  God is good... 

So speaking of God,  I am curious what he is doing with this...   I know that in other times in my life he has used situations to prepare me for something or someone that will come later in my life... 

Its just Bells Pasly, it is temporary, it is part of my journey!!!
and remember, find something to celebrate everyday!!!  I will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment